Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday Wrap Up

Bored at work because everyone in the country took off today except me.

1) The rumored report on Austin Scott is a torn MCL, which will likely redshirt him this year. Yeah it hurts if Hunt is out for an extended period of time, but I'm not too worried about it. If he really has a good year in him, it would be a shame to waste another behind Hunt. I think Kinlaw and Hahn will be fine as the backups, and then Scott can come back healthy (hopefully) for a good senior year with him and Morelli.

2) Anybody else sick of this Duke story? It's really not that much of a sports story, I mean do you ever hear about lacrosse if it's not the final four? Everything is back and forth stories, very few clear facts have come out. Just have your trial, figure out what happened, and stop having a front page story about it every day. Oh by the way, I like most of America don't like Duke.

3) Close to home, this Sean Taylor trial gets funnier every week. The trial has now been postponed 6 times since the actual incident last summer. The latest was because the prosecuting attorney was putting news links about the trial on his personal website that advertises his night job, Miami club DJ. Suprisingly, the attorney has since left the case. What a joke this thing is. Oh the other funny thing, of the 4 men accusing Taylor of threatening them with a gun, I believe 3 have been arrested in seperate incidents since last summer. You gotta love the "U". Don't forget to buy your season tickets to Hurricanes football, since they apparently have to beg with radio commercials in order to sell out the place.

4) So where does Lendale go now that it's out he has a torn hamstring and that's been affecting his workouts?

5) Barry, what an idiot. I hope he goes to jail. And I'm saying this even though he was instrumental in winning my first baseball computer league championship last year.

6) How mediocre is the NBA Eastern Conference? There are now only 4 teams above .500 and quite the fight between sub .500 teams for the last 4 spots. The Wizards looked like a sure thing a couple weeks ago, and now there's the real possibility they could be out of the picture if they don't win a few of these last few games. With my Cavs in the 4th spot, and the Wizards in the 5th, I was kind of looking forward to seeing my two favorites battle it out in the first round. I don't think either has a shot against the Pistons, but it's nice just to have teams in the playoffs again. Please please please Lebron, don't put any pressure on that ankle for the next week.

7) How about Brad Hawpe and the Rockies?? I know, nobody cares or even knows what I'm talking about.

That's all the blabbering I can think of at the moment, enjoy the weekend.

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tim Tomczak said...

The more I see LenDale sliding, the more giddy I get at the prospect of him stepping right in for the Bus and providing the power element to the Steeler offense. I mean, with him, Parker, Ben, Miller, and Ward for the next few years, that offense would be pretty nasty. John Clayton reported yesterday in his blog that White could slip to the 2nd round, but there is NO WAY that the Steelers would let him get past them. No way.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Tim Tomczak said...

As for the Duke story, clearly, if they did something, I hope they rot in jail. That being said, why can't the media just stay out of it and let the justice system play itself out? Everyone in this country really needs to take a step back and reevaluate how much information they really need on a daily basis. Bothers me something fierce.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if LenDale White is sitting around at #32, you can't pass him up. 'Best on Board' mentality. No one's convinced Duce has 16 games in him and Parker, while good, just isn't an every down back for 25 carries per game. White would bring a huge element to the Steelers, one they've been accustomed to for a number of years.

As for Duke, I agree with Boyer. I do feel somewhat bad for the lacrosse coach, however. The guy had been there for like 15 years but people wanted someone's head. And now no DNA evidence links his players to this case anymore and the girl was passed out drunk and may not have been cognizant enough to know what happened? I'm not saying nothing happened, but, man, this guy was forced to resign a little prematurely. That's a heckuva way to lose your job.

As for the NBA Eastern conference, I may revise my earlier Pistons statement - their bench could take the 5th seed in the East.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home