Monday, April 10, 2006

A Tribe Called Cleveland Is On A Quest


As the resident baseball expert, I figured the blog needed at least some mention of baseball on it. So I'll start it off with a little love for my Indians. Granted, while watching them get clobbered on opening night in a Las Vegas airport wasn't such a great start, they are now 5-0 in games I don't bet on them. I was a little worried coming into the year, having lost Millwood and replaced him with the immortal Jason Johnson. But things are working out so far, with Millwood looking terrible. But with another year of maturity for the hitters, and the bullpen still shutting things down (besides that first game), things are looking good in Cleveland. The minors are loaded with talent, so if something is needed come the trade deadline, it shouldn't be a problem. Back to the playoffs in 2006.

Murray gave me his annual preseason email about this being the Bucos year. And as I always do, I tell him why that makes no sense. However I could at least see some optimism this year as opposed to past years. But yuck, what a start.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Tim Tomczak said...

As painful as it is to admit, I have to agree about your Indians this year. They have a nice, young, fearless lineup, and there pitching has been coming around for 2-3 years.

As for my Buccos, while not as delusional Murray, I also was slightly optimistic that they would able to chase that elusive .500 record we've all been dreaming about for 13 years. After today's home opening debacle, I'm not feeling really good about that.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Yeah I would have said they have a shot at .500 with Casey, Bay, and some decent young pitcher. Still time, but sure not looking good so far.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Scott said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home